Last Updated: Oct 05, 2016Views: 83
The Pentagon Library accepts material donated to the collection according to the following guidelines:
1. Donations will be evaluated by the same criteria as materials purchased for the library collection. The Library may refuse to accept items that do not contribute to the mission of the library.
2. The Library need not accept an entire collection. Staff may choose selected items relevant to the collection and return others to the donor.
3. Donations will be accepted without restrictions as to their disposition. Librarians may dispose of donated items in whatever manner deemed appropriate, including donating them to others or discarding them.
4. The Library will not maintain donated materials as separate entities but will integrate the items into the general collection.
5. If requested, the Library will acknowledge receipt of donations in writing. However, appraisal of donations for tax purposes is the responsibility of the donor.
Ask A Librarian
Need additional information or assistance? Click on the Ask a Librarian button to submit a question to the Pentagon Librarians.